IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Landrum Spring (Offline)
  #1 11/29/17 4:43 PM
I am very confused and bewildered about Anderson's decision to run a Thursday night series. No one enjoyed watching this series more than our family back in the day, and I am thrilled that they are trying to revive non-wing pavement sprint car racing. My problem is this. We just bought a non-wing car for the three races at Anderson. The Neibel, Little 500, and the Tony Elliott Classic. I would never had imagined that two of those races would be changed to a Thursday night. There is no way we, as a family team, will be able to run those races. Our driver, our crew, our family, and our spotter will be unable to attend. We are a team that runs on the weekend, and works during the week. We have backed out of the wing races because many included traveling on Fridays or Friday racing. Anderson was our one spot that we could still enjoy racing as a family owned team because it was still on the weekend. The Little 500 is a different animal, and our driver and crew use up most of their total vacation time in order to run that race. If you want Thursday night shows....add new ones, but leave the others alone.
AndersonSpeedway (Offline)
  #2 11/29/17 5:38 PM
Sorry if the article written was confusing but the Tony Elliott Classic will continue to be run on Saturday October 6. We have added three new sprint car dates for the Thursday Night series. The Niebel was moved because of lack of support and teams not wanting to hurt their cars before the Little 500. We were thinking of a way to add more races, but not schedule against the two winged series/ Silver Crown series.
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, ChanceDHolley, Charles Nungester, fish, Jesse B, Jrp4554, OnTheHammer, PIT CART, Puppy, schwarzracen27, tirespinner
Puppy (Offline)
  #3 11/29/17 6:20 PM
Originally Posted by AndersonSpeedway:
Sorry if the article written was confusing but the Tony Elliott Classic will continue to be run on Saturday October 6. We have added three new sprint car dates for the Thursday Night series. The Niebel was moved because of lack of support and teams not wanting to hurt their cars before the Little 500. We were thinking of a way to add more races, but not schedule against the two winged series/ Silver Crown series.
Makes sense..
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, PIT CART, tirespinner, WinglessLovers