IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Keith Ford (Offline)
  #1 11/19/09 1:37 PM
I called USAC ask if i could attend sprint wk meeting, said they would get back with me, never happened, whats your take on Paragon & Sprint wk. Thanks
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #2 11/19/09 2:12 PM
Originally Posted by Keith Ford:
I called USAC ask if i could attend sprint wk meeting, said they would get back with me, never happened, whats your take on Paragon & Sprint wk. Thanks
I'll be there if it happens.
Seadog (Offline)
  #3 11/19/09 2:15 PM
I'm thinking USAC may give first consideration to the tracks that support them on a more regular basis throughout the season rather than just a one-off. I don't recall Paragon having a USAC race in a long time.

You should try again. Try e-mailing Kevin Miller or one of the Jasons. They usually respond.

I would go to Paragon for a sprint week show though.
JordanBlanton (Offline)
  #4 11/19/09 2:21 PM
Count me in. The KISS races the past 2 years have been excellent.
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #5 11/19/09 2:34 PM
So many of racing's great moments have happened at this place. And it's one of the best settings, anywhere. Keep on trying, Keith. Sprint Week deserves a race @ Paragon Speedway. And vise versa.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
2 Likes: Dirtfan, mtek56
Keith Ford (Offline)
  #6 11/19/09 2:35 PM
Paragon was a co-founder of Sprint Wk & the force behind getting USAC involved,
racerdog45
  #7 11/19/09 2:56 PM
Paragon was a co-founder of Sprint Wk & the force behind getting USAC involved,
Since when does the current USAC management group care about history? BUT if they do grant a date to Paragon then I will be there, if not then a KISS show or whatever other series you might bring in, always liked Paragon.
cleatziff (Offline)
  #8 11/19/09 3:00 PM
I would be there!!!
quicktime3 (Offline)
  #9 11/19/09 3:18 PM
I'm sorry but I disagree.
The last USAC races Paragon had were complete jokes. And let's be honest - is Paragon really ready to host a high car count QUALIFYING show? I mean, the track was junk for the KISS race this year, even without qualifying!
Also, is Keith willing to take a mid-week date? Is he willing to run just ONE support class? Or, at most, features only for two?

Can't we first request a better-paying qualifying show before he gets a Sprintweek date? I don't want to see a one-lane rubber show, and I'm pretty sure the competitors don't, either.
6 Likes: Bruce Harrison, FishBurger, Hamby812, mowerman, SHORTBUS, v8j
racefan20 (Offline)
  #10 11/19/09 3:53 PM
My guess is that you will have to take a regular USAC show this year, kind of like Brownstown did last year. I think Brownstown might get one this year after doing a good job with their stand alone show last year.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus