IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nickmegel (Offline)
  #1 7/17/11 8:49 PM
Some of you might know my friend Eric Zellner he raced mostly at Paragon. Eric's diabetes forced him out of racing a few years ago. Eric called me today and stated his car had been stolen from a garage where it was stored. The car is described as: Powdered coated yellow was a DRC Chassis 87/40 was a old Clayton chassis. Had 30 inch torsion bars on the left was set up for 29 inch torsion on the right but had 30 with aluminum spacers on them. The chasis in front of the radiator was welded, had a aluminum 410 Kriner Engine, Kirkley seat my friend was quite skinny so seat would reflect that. Eric's lost alot already if anyone would see anyone trying to sell a car that matches this or has any information feel free to give me a call

Nick Megel
(812) 592-1073

Thank you
2 Likes: Dannypollock24, Xflagman
BigD (Offline)
  #2 7/17/11 9:32 PM
My Profile Pic is a picture of the car missing, you can also contact me at 812-212-6071.

Dale Dewar
kdewarjr@msn.com
812-212-6071
Beal (Offline)
  #3 7/18/11 3:12 PM
I dont beleive the car was stolen.This car was traded in at a local car dealership by his ex-wife.
Tim (Offline)
  #4 7/18/11 3:47 PM
Originally Posted by Beal:
I dont beleive the car was stolen.This car was traded in at a local car dealership by his ex-wife.
I'm having a little trouble finding "DRC Sprint Car" in the Kelley Blue Book. What is the current trade-in value?:2:

Tim Simmons
j_vennard54
  #5 7/18/11 3:53 PM
This sounds like a mess..
racerjim2 (Offline)
  #6 7/18/11 4:21 PM
I'd be trading off a wife in a case like this.:2:
Dannypollock24 (Offline)
  #7 7/18/11 4:36 PM
Originally Posted by racerjim2:
I'd be trading off a wife in a case like this.:2:
He did I guess as stated above it was his Ex Wife!

Regardless Ex Wife or Stolen this is a Bad deal either way I hope he can get it back!

On another note Maybe he can have a Pancreas transplant like my Friend Brad Marvel had and now Diabetic free after countless years of living that way!

Danny 24
BigD (Offline)
  #8 7/18/11 4:46 PM
I did find out this morning that the car was not stolen, as stated above. I guess the car was left at a ex-girlfriends house and she indeed did trade it in on another car. And yes as I have found out this is a HUGE mess. Nick and Myself are good friends with Eric and, I guess a few details may have been left out when this was posted.

Dale
racerjim2 (Offline)
  #9 7/18/11 5:16 PM
Originally Posted by Dannypollock24:
He did I guess as stated above it was his Ex Wife!

Regardless Ex Wife or Stolen this is a Bad deal either way I hope he can get it back!

On another note Maybe he can have a Pancreas transplant like my Friend Brad Marvel had and now Diabetic free after countless years of living that way!

Danny 24
That's interesting....I'd like to know more about that.
nickmegel (Offline)
  #10 7/18/11 8:16 PM
Like Big D said it appears a disrguntled ex traded the car in, not sure how that read on a car fax. For those who called about the cars where abouts thanks. Like Nickki Sixx from Motley Crue says chicks=trouble.