IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Midget98 (Offline)
  #1 8/27/12 4:29 PM
I'm coming down for the NHRA Nationals at IRP this weekend with a couple friends and we were looking to catch some sprint car action on friday night. Aside from Gas City which is about an hour and a half away from IRP, are there any other tracks running this friday night?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Kevin Eggert

**** Also, any other suggestions for fun stuff to do after we're done at the track on any of the nights are greatly appreciated
mowerman (Offline)
  #2 8/27/12 4:45 PM
Gas City .Its on your way .
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #3 8/27/12 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Midget98:
**** Also, any other suggestions for fun stuff to do after we're done at the track on any of the nights are greatly appreciated
There's a place off of 96th and Keystone called Fastimes Indook Karting. 2 story track, fast karts not those family time toys. They do have beer if that's your thing (last i knew) but heads up, once you drink you're done karting for the day/night . its also right next to a nice bowling alley if weather won't cooperate. Night clubs all over Indy, downtown, Broad Ripple, etc. Obviously Hooters in a few locations ( i prefer greenwood lol) or a new place called the Tilted Kilt. I'm not familiar w/ the westside so hopefully someone can help you on places closer to IRP.. oops ORP. have a great trip.
DunaganRacing (Offline)
  #4 8/27/12 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73:
There's a place off of 96th and Keystone called Fastimes Indook Karting. 2 story track, fast karts not those family time toys. They do have beer if that's your thing (last i knew) but heads up, once you drink you're done karting for the day/night . its also right next to a nice bowling alley if weather won't cooperate. Night clubs all over Indy, downtown, Broad Ripple, etc. Obviously Hooters in a few locations ( i prefer greenwood lol) or a new place called the Tilted Kilt. I'm not familiar w/ the westside so hopefully someone can help you on places closer to IRP.. oops ORP. have a great trip.
Not IRP, not ORP, it's now LOR (Lucas Oil Raceway). Confusing I know! Lol

Posted via Mobile Device
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #5 8/27/12 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by DunaganRacing:

Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the clarification! Wonder how I missed that... This is getting tougher than east coast airport abbreviations!! I shoulda stuck w/ IRP like i still call the concert venue DeerCreek. haha
4 Likes: ChadSmith, dirtnonwingfan, Morin Racing 98, speed bump
Slidejob71 (Offline)
  #6 8/28/12 10:06 AM
It's not Deer Creek any more???
3 Likes: JarrettFarms73, jim goerge, racephoto1
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #7 8/28/12 1:06 PM
I don't think it's Verizon Wireless no more either, lol.

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: racephoto1, speed bump
Sprintfan1985 (Offline)
  #8 8/28/12 1:47 PM
Haha...its klipsch music center but ill always call it deer creek

Posted via Mobile Device
koolaid89 (Offline)
  #9 8/28/12 3:23 PM
Originally Posted by DunaganRacing:

Posted via Mobile Device
It'll always be IRP.
Chubs Peterson (Offline)
  #10 8/28/12 5:20 PM
Good show at Limaland Motorsports Park (Its still LMP I believe) in Ohio. NRA Sprint INvaders, Mods and Stocks and then the King of Quarter Mile Races which feature the feature winners from the year in each division. But you are about 2 and half to 3 hours from Indy. Only other place I know of besides Gas City running on Friday. Gas City would be much more convenient for you.