IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #1 6/28/14 12:10 PM
Most violent impact I have seen in 30 yrs of watching racing ! Girlfriend n I bowed our heads n said a prayer after the impact ! Amazing that he walked away !!!! I don't know how to post my photos but there's a bunch on the internet.
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #2 6/28/14 1:39 PM
Hope this works
Attachments:
image.jpg (97.0 KB)

kart31rac (Offline)
  #3 6/28/14 2:53 PM
I have watched sprint cars for 50 years without cages and wings, but last night was one of the worst crashes I have seen. It wasnt the flipping it was just the impact. Wow Happy Brad walked away. When they brought it back to the pits it was unreal. I was like you dirt I said alittle prayer too.
Game Time (Offline)
  #4 6/28/14 6:42 PM
Pictures I've seen are scary.. Thank god he is alright.. Any video of it?
BigWheel7 (Offline)
  #5 6/28/14 8:17 PM
I have saw the pictures and said my prayers. Anybody have video to see it?
SDHill89 (Offline)
  #6 6/28/14 8:17 PM
I think everyone who saw that impact and how the car looked as it came down the track and stopped thought he was hurt badly or worse. I think Cody Darrah got out of his car before it completely stopped to go help Brad. I was extremely relived when they announced he climbed out.
illinifan (Offline)
  #7 6/28/14 11:03 PM
That had to be the hardest impact I've seen in 30 years of goin to the races! It's pretty scary when you see as many drivers as we did, get out of their cars and pretty much beat the safety crew there! I thought for sure at least critical condition or worse, we were extremely relieved to see him walk to the ambulance! Sweet is a gasser no matter what kind of car he is in!
3 Likes: AustinSprinter, i love dirt track racing, Racer_dude35
PIT CART (Offline)
  #8 6/28/14 11:14 PM
He is your Woo winner tonight. Pretty good recovery.
13 Likes: addictedtodirt, AustinSprinter, BrentTFunk, Danny Burton, erich45, fish, Flatrightrear, Game Time, mowerman, sc17x, SDHill89, SHORTBUS, WinglessFAN
flatout (Offline)
  #9 6/29/14 8:30 AM
Does anyone know what his car hit in the wall? Saw his interview on the WoO site and he said he hit a blunt object in the wall.
SDHill89 (Offline)
  #10 6/29/14 1:24 PM
Originally Posted by flatout:
Does anyone know what his car hit in the wall? Saw his interview on the WoO site and he said he hit a blunt object in the wall.
The wall gets taller going into turn 3. He hit the end of the wall where the tall part starts. There was a tractor tire there for protection but it just got knocked out of the way.