IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
midget42 (Offline)
  #1 3/29/16 1:27 AM
was wondering what stroke for the front 6 or 7,been running 7,LF seems to be extended off the spring threw the turn,thanks
TQ29m (Offline)
  #2 3/29/16 12:14 PM
Spring too short? Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
badcoupe (Offline)
  #3 3/29/16 12:57 PM
Are you running a 8 or 10" spring? It's not that unusual to happen maybe you've got the RR too soft or need to change ride height
Graham08 (Offline)
  #4 3/29/16 1:09 PM
I don't think I would be real quick to throw a shorter shock on there. Is the tire still on the ground when you see the spring off the perch? If it is, at least the unsprung weight on that corner is loading the tire to help make some grip. Going to a shorter shock might just jerk it off the ground sooner.

I would be more inclined to add one of these:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...p?Product=1876

I run them on all four corners of my pavement car. It keeps enough tension on the spring that the perches stay seated and nothing falls out. It's one less thing to have to worry about after having the car jacked up in the pits.
midget42 (Offline)
  #5 3/29/16 1:45 PM
yea wheel off or just touching,been around 800 rr,thanks for help,this is my first year wasnt ure if it normal for this,been returning back with spring out of perch after race
Twister17 (Offline)
  #6 3/29/16 7:25 PM
Your perch should stay connected to the rod end. The spring should be zip tied or safety wired to the perch.