IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question:T Q's Running With The Midgets At The Speedrome
6/8/09, 10:49 PM   #1
Question:T Q's Running With The Midgets At The Speedrome
Tony Barhorst

Today I had a question from a T.Q asking...Would we let T.Q's run with the midgets?

I have to admit...the thought crossed my mind when we had 12 midgets last week, after having 25 May 3. We have ONE more MIDGET event at the Speedrome Sunday afternoon July 19. Racing at 5 p.m for the midgets..

We run under Wolverine midget rules...the Kenyon and Focus cars are legal to run with the full midgets. They BOTH run pretty well with them. I could add the T.Q's.

How many TQ's would venture to run with us?...Your opinion? You can P.M me...or e-mail tbracefest@aol.com...or make a public comment here.

It would be a good warmup in advance of the UMRA event at the Speedrome Sunday, August 30.

Ok..Open season...

Tony Barhorst
rumbleseries.com
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 6/8/09 at 11:21 PM.

6/8/09, 11:05 PM   #2
Re: Question:T Q's Running With The Midgets At The Speedrome
racerdog45

I would love to see how the TQs would do against the midgets at the Speedrome because if there is any track that would put them on fairly equal terms it is the Speedrome. The UMRA runs Friday night at Gas City so there would be a little time break to change cars over plus they don't race again untill Aug. 2nd so would be alot of time after to change back to dirt, Would be interesting watching Terry Goff in a TQ there against midgets, plus there are several others who would run good. Hope it happens, maybe you could go to Mt Lawn on the 13th of this month and feel the UMRA guys out on the subject.

6/9/09, 7:14 AM   #3
TQ97

Interesting thought....Terry Goff holds the UMRA track record at the Speedrome with a time of 12.803. A couple things to consider, that was 8 years ago, and the TQ's didn't qualify there the last 3 years they ran there, is the track faster now or then, and TQs run very hard pavement tires as that is their tire rule. I'm guessing if you put on some softies, they would add a few tenths.

I know that during hot lap sessions, we were out there with midgets and kenyons and were never "in the way."

6/9/09, 9:03 AM   #4
Tony Barhorst

Here are the qualifying times from May 31

To be honest..the track probably has less grip than 8 years ago..it has not been repaved...and you will see the cars slide coming out of the turns.

One idea would be to put up extra cash for the top two TQ teams. It could be like a race within the race.

Qualifying – 1. Jeremy Warren, 57, Ultimate Welding, 11.983 seconds; 2. Kyle Hamilton, 33, Hamilton, 12.001; 3. Billy Wease, 99, Burrow, 12.144; 4. Aaron Pierce, 73, Ellis, 12.355; 5. Adam Schuyler, 56, Schuyler, 12.507; 6. Travis Young, 28W, Young, 12.508; 7. Sondi Eden, 61, Hayworth, 12.577; 8. Dave Fuhrman, 32, Fuhrman, 12.989; 9. Ed Hair, 29, Hair, 13.029; 10. A.J. Lesiecki, 58, Lesiecki, 13.051; 11. Mike Schenker, 3, Fuhrman, 13.080.

6/9/09, 9:32 AM   #5
jontheturboguy

What tire rule?

Im certain a TQ could go faster having some good shoes on other than the junk American Racer spec tires we had to run.....

6/9/09, 10:12 AM   #6
Tony Barhorst

I would let the TQ's run the tire they want..of course no weight restrictions.

Tony Barhorst
www.rumbleseries.com

6/9/09, 12:11 PM   #7
tq11

How many laps is the feature gonna be? If this does happen I would for shure consider running. Keep us posted if this does happen. Thanks Brandon Gray#11

6/9/09, 12:45 PM   #8
Tony Barhorst

I have decided that we will have the TQ's run with us for sure July 19.

50 LAPS...I am sending entries out to the midgets now...if you want an entry sent to you...e-mail me at tbracefest@aol.com..

I will attend the Mt. Lawn show this weekend.

Thanks,
Tony Barhorst
rumbleseries.com
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 6/9/09 at 12:51 PM.

6/9/09, 1:35 PM   #9
Race Fan

If the Tq's run,would they be running for the same purse as the midgets plus the bonus money for the top 2 Tq's???

6/9/09, 1:58 PM   #10
quickchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
I would let the TQ's run the tire they want..of course no weight restrictions.

Tony Barhorst
www.rumbleseries.com
Hummm.....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question:T Q's Running With The Midgets At The Speedrome