IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any truth in the rumblings about a possible USAC pavement SC change for 2008?
12/13/07, 1:55 PM   #1
Any truth in the rumblings about a possible USAC pavement SC change for 2008?
Moses

I've heard there's a possibility of altering the pavement versions of the Silver Crowns for 2008. Any grain of truth there?

12/13/07, 2:07 PM   #2
Re: Any truth in the rumblings about a possible USAC pavement SC change for 2008?
Rex W.

The rumblings are strong around 16th street.

12/13/07, 2:14 PM   #3
Re: Any truth in the rumblings about a possible USAC pavement SC change for 2008?
Moses

Very interesting! Is it a situation where they would go back to the previous type of pavement car, or alter the current formula?

12/13/07, 3:35 PM   #4
cecil98

Man, if they alter it too much there's going to be a lot of junk sitting around.

12/13/07, 3:40 PM   #5
wbr

Well the tarot cards look like this:

AJ Foyt selling his new gen cars...

Jason S. back at USAC...

anyone care to add any more?:idea:

12/13/07, 4:45 PM   #6
prafan

:thumb:

12/13/07, 5:00 PM   #7
Anderson36

cecil,

there will be more junk if the old cars aren't considered anywhere for next year.

12/13/07, 5:24 PM   #8
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Very interesting! Is it a situation where they would go back to the previous type of pavement car, or alter the current formula?
Hopefully both. Bring back the former pavement cars and run them on the less than 1 mile tracks in conjunction with the dirt cars and call that the Silver Crown Series. Keep the new pavement cars and run them on the 1 mile and over tracks and call it the Gold Crown Series.

12/13/07, 6:04 PM   #9
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Hopefully both. Bring back the former pavement cars and run them on the less than 1 mile tracks in conjunction with the dirt cars and call that the Silver Crown Series. Keep the new pavement cars and run them on the 1 mile and over tracks and call it the Gold Crown Series.
My sentiments exactly!!!:checkered: Dare we hope??

12/13/07, 6:09 PM   #10
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
My sentiments exactly!!!:checkered: Dare we hope??

First I proposed gettting the Chili Bowl on PPV and everyone scoffed at itand now it is happening.

Then I said two years ago that the new cars should be a resurection of the Gold Crown series and leave the Silver Crown series alone now EVERYONE is getting on that band wagon.

I think the next time I have an idea I am going to copyriht it and make a fortune

No wonder I am a poor dirtywhiteboy :emote20:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any truth in the rumblings about a possible USAC pavement SC change for 2008?