IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > North Vernon?
7/11/11, 8:41 AM   #1
North Vernon?
cmakin

Thinking about it. . . . .

7/11/11, 12:31 PM   #2
Re: North Vernon?
Downey44

Thinking about it also. But also thinking how hard this hot weather is on old fat people like me!!

2 members like this post: cmakin, jim goerge
7/11/11, 1:06 PM   #3
Sprints, Mon. 7/11...TCRP North Vernon!!!...
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downey44 View Post
Thinking about it also. But also thinking how hard this hot weather is on old fat people like me!!
Hmmm'.Good Purse ($$$$)=Cars hopefully!!..wouldn't be much of a discission for this Ole' guy!!...already got the scorchin' heat here!!.(Yuma)...just no SPRINT CARS!!....will be makin that adjustment here again,soon I hope!!....at least ta Phx.!!..........

7/11/11, 1:23 PM   #4
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

As Hot as it is expect another dusty slick track and Shuman will be Fast!

We will see!

Danny 24

7/11/11, 2:36 PM   #5
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

While there is usually really good racing there. I would expect dry slick. If it is dry slick in April when the temps are still cool, i can just imagine what it will be like tomorrow.

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
7/11/11, 2:40 PM   #6
Speedracer

Is there some sort of USaC rule where you cant run a non sanctioned race 24 or 48 hours before? I read on Dave Darlands facebook fan thing they won't be running cause of some sort of rule.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/11/11, 3:28 PM   #7
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer View Post
Is there some sort of USaC rule where you cant run a non sanctioned race 24 or 48 hours before? I read on Dave Darlands facebook fan thing they won't be running cause of some sort of rule.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes there is but just for those trying for the NATIONAL championship. That will take the cream off the top of the possible USAC entries. There will still be a lot of good cars left that may show though. Bring plenty of water because the air doesnt move much down in the little valley there and its the hottest track I have ever attended in the midwest. Have fun!

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/11/11, 4:14 PM   #8
mikeham73

Thats a stupid rule if you ask me.
Posted using Mobile Device

3 members like this post: MWestfallfan54, skids59, Sprints!
7/11/11, 4:56 PM   #9
D.O.

It's a stupid rule that rewards tracks that support USAC and not the ones that borrow series names and don't maintain any USAC connections. It only effects a few of the drivers who are chasing the big $ and Indy Lights ride next year. It will be interesting to see how many cars show up tonight and how many classes they run. If they lose the keys to the water truck you might want to bring your night vision dust glasses. I have been there many times and it won't be cool in the a/c on a day and night like today.
Good Luck

2 members like this post: jim goerge, racefan20
7/11/11, 5:29 PM   #10
Sprints!

I appreciate this show no matter who shows up. Better yet, I hope the $3000 goes to a local racer, as it did last year. What went on and why Twin Cities is not on the Sprint Week list anymore is something I do not know about, but I do know I have witnessed some awesome racing when it was an USAC event and some awesome racing when it was not. I hope someday USAC sprint week returns, as well as I hope more local sprint shows return. The No Way Out Forty was awesome this year!!!!!!! Thanks again Twin Cities crew! Now I must head that way!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > North Vernon?