IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MVT / BOSS Returns to Fremont Speedway 10/3
9/28/15, 12:43 PM   #1
MVT / BOSS Returns to Fremont Speedway 10/3
sprinter14

BOSS Returns to Fremont Speedway

This Saturday, October 3rd, the Mo Vaughn Transport / BOSS sprints will return to the "track that action built", Fremont Speedway. This fall event has been lost to mother nature the last 2 seasons, but hopefully the old saying, "the third time's the charm" holds true. Fremont has been the scene of some of the biggest and best events of the tour and this Saturday should offer much the same as it is Flag City Recycling "Family Fun Night" at the track. In addition to the MVT / BOSS traditional sprints, the 305 sprints, dirt trucks and 602 crate late models will also be on the card.

With only 2 events remaining in the 2015 season, Shawn Westerfeld holds a commanding lead in the standings. If he can make Saturday night's main event and finish in the top 10, he will secure the championship with an event still to run. Past tour champions Mike "The Magic Man" Miller and the "Hustlin Hoosier" Dustin Smith are both determined to take one last shot at Westerfeld. Cooper Clouse sits in the number four spot with Aaron Middaugh and Michael Fischesser locked in a battle over the 5th position.

Gates will open at 4 pm with drivers meeting scheduled for 5:30. Racing action will begin promptly at 7 pm. Adult general admission will be $14 with seniors admitted for $12. Students will be $8 with kids 10 and under admitted free. For race teams, there are no fees to run with BOSS. Mufflers are required for this event and transponder rental will be $5.

For more information, Fremont Speedway website is www.fremontohspeedway.com or follow BOSS at www.buckeyesprints.com We also encourage you to follow BOSS on facebook and twitter for race day updates.

9/28/15, 2:21 PM   #2
Re: MVT / BOSS Returns to Fremont Speedway 10/3
staggerman

Any IN regulars coming over? Would think Cottle would be there in the Hazen #57.

9/28/15, 2:50 PM   #3
hoosierhillbilly

I doubt there will be a shortage of cars for this race.

9/28/15, 5:43 PM   #4
Sprintcarfanatic

Brian Smith is looking for a ride. He went from 10th to 5th in the last Boss show there.

Does really well for the amount time he has ran wingless & it's his home track.

9/30/15, 9:51 PM   #5
staggerman

Any other drivers coming in for the show.

10/1/15, 5:48 PM   #6
Sprintcarfanatic

Lawrenceburg is having A 10 grand to win show. I'm not looking to see any heavy hitters.

10/1/15, 8:47 PM   #7
sprinter14

I think you would be surprised at a few of the teams that have inquired about the Fremont race. I bet there are 3 teams eyeballing this race that 80% of IOW followers would bet to be at the Burg. Sadly, the forecast for Fremont is not looking good at all.

10/2/15, 12:55 PM   #8
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter14 View Post
I think you would be surprised at a few of the teams that have inquired about the Fremont race. I bet there are 3 teams eyeballing this race that 80% of IOW followers would bet to be at the Burg. Sadly, the forecast for Fremont is not looking good at all.
I just hope if they are going to pull the plug they do it Friday night or early Saturday so alternative plans can be made and maybe head to Lawrenceburg instead. It is going to be a high of 55 and low of 49 with very windy conditions and a 60% chance of rain. If the cold pulls the plug then do it now if going to run no matter the temps then I guess wait and see if it rains.

10/2/15, 1:02 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
I just hope if they are going to pull the plug they do it Friday night or early Saturday so alternative plans can be made and maybe head to Lawrenceburg instead. It is going to be a high of 55 and low of 49 with very windy conditions and a 60% chance of rain. If the cold pulls the plug then do it now if going to run no matter the temps then I guess wait and see if it rains.
The forecast down here is no better. With wind gust of 45mph

10/2/15, 1:50 PM   #10
staggerman

Guess they listened to me as just saw on twitter Fremont cancelled. Bummed, but was questioning my own sanity of sitting in that weather!

1 member likes this post: awesome_chassis
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MVT / BOSS Returns to Fremont Speedway 10/3