IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any truth in the rumblings about a possible USAC pavement SC change for 2008?
12/15/07, 11:52 PM   #41
Re: Any truth in the rumblings about a possible USAC pavement SC change for 2008?
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson36 View Post
agreed Sprint63122, you would show some patience as a paying customer as long as you saw some concern on USAC's end to right the ship.
I believe that, with the new regime, we will see that concern. We should know something towards that end come Monday evening.

12/16/07, 2:08 AM   #42
Re: Any truth in the rumblings about a possible USAC pavement SC change for 2008?
Blake Johnson

I wish the folks at USAC, the participants and owners the best during their meeting. No one can wave a magic wand and fix everything but with a lot of hard work and folks from all three areas working together, we can see this happen.

Blake

12/16/07, 7:55 AM   #43
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson36 View Post
Jim,

I don't have an alliance with one certain group or the other. I run wherever my budget allows. Your views of what these other "possers" have to say is your own opinion, but I will tell you one thing that you apparently didn't manage to realize and that is the fact that these people you call "possers" are mainly USAC fans AND these "possers" pay at the front gate to watch most of these USAC races.

This same type of subject has been discussed on another message board regarding the club we mainly race with. I took notice of the things these "possers" had to say because THEY are the ones you have to entertain and if you don't keep them entertained then it's pretty obvious what the end result will be.

So keep in mind that you telling them to come out of the basement and basically driving home the point that they don't have any money invested which automatically makes their opinions not matter is pretty far from the truth. Owners, promotors, drivers and anyone else who relies on this money coming in the FRONT gate should listen to the concerns of these people. Not saying that everything should be made to suit each fan, but these are legitimate gripes from current fans that NO organization in the country can afford to lose.

Jim Anderson
UMARA National Midget #36
Joliet, Illinois

everything short of my phone number.. go easy on me!!!
Got agree with you here Jimmy. I admit I have NO money is open wheel racing outside of that I pay for pit passes to get in and help as I cna the drivers I am friends with. But I love this sport more than life itself and want to see it succeed and grow. I know this isn't a cheap sport and that car owners took a huge gamble buying the new generation cars. Because we aren't sure what will happen to them in years to come starting next year. I just hope that the changes in staff at USAC bring about good changes to the series and club as a whole

12/16/07, 9:19 AM   #44
RacinFool

My question or "vision" would be for the new generation car to continue to move forward and perhaps the dirt cars and old style pavement cars join together again. I think that keeping the older syle cars on tracks one mile or less would be the way. Keeping the new generation cars on the bigger tracks on NASCAR weekends.
Just curious of the thoughts of Jim P and other owner / drivers on this board.:idea:

12/16/07, 11:26 AM   #45
RACEMS41

Well I guess I got that ball rolling. From my personal standpoint it is frustrating to read what everyone has to say without any financial stake in the outcome knowing how much I personally have invested. Try putting yourself in that place. Maybe I'm so frustrated I finally had to speak out. It's not all about the money with me either, I obviously have great affection for the series or I would't own cars ,take the time to post here and travel great distances to participate. (I live in New York)
As far as fans of the series goes if it wasn't for you there would be no racing anywhere. I commend you for spending your hard earned funds to go to the races when we all know they could be put to better use somewhere else.
Unfortunatly all flights leaving Syracuse to get to Indy are now cancelled and the ones available are overbooked. Big blizzard coming in today. I will try to do conference call with the meeting tomorrow.
I do have an opinion about the format of the series but I will reserve that until after the meeting
I will not apologize to anyone for stating my opinions.
Jim Paternoster

12/16/07, 12:05 PM   #46
RacinFool

Jim, I can relate to your frustration and I can appriciate all that you throw at it. I guess we all have our thoughts on the way things are run and we are all guilty of being monday morning quarterbacks.
I think the real key of the general state of racing is fan intrest. Sure most of us in this forums are vetren fans owners and drivers we love it and wouldn't go without it. It seems to me wether the world has changed that much or the fact that there are many options for the entertainment dollar results in less new fan intrest on a grass roots leval. If the fans are not there the money won't be there.........Two very important ingidiants for a successful promotion. -Tom Bliss

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any truth in the rumblings about a possible USAC pavement SC change for 2008?